*GMaP Region 2 Travel Award Applications are currently NOT being accepted*
Planning to attend a workshop or conference to present your cancer research or Cancer Health Disparities (CHD) research?
The Trainee/ Early Stage Investigator (ESI) Scholarship is intended to support underrepresented scholars and investigators in career development related to cancer research or cancer health disparities research by providing reimbursement (i.e. registration, airfare, hotel, etc.) for scholars to:
- Present research at conferences
- Attend Workshops/Trainings
- Trainee/ESI must be located in a GMaP Region 2 state/territory (AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, MO, PR)
- Must be one of the following:
- Trainee: Must be at minimum a PhD candidate or post-doctoral fellow. Must provide proof of enrollment and letter of recommendation from mentor or department chair.
- Early Stage Investigator (ESI): Individual is within 10 years of completing terminal degree(PhD/DrPH/MD) and has not yet been awarded a substantial, competing NIH research grant.
Complete application package must be received at least four weeks prior to travel date.
The maximum available per person is $2,000. Priority will be given to those who have not received a GMaP Region 2 travel award in the past. Awards will be granted until funds are used for each funding period. Travel Scholarship application must be submitted for approval prior to attending conference/workshop.
For more information click below:
TRAVEL AWARD APPLICATION